Quotes of the day

Saturday 28 May 2016

1st BATX - UNIT 8 - VOCABULARY ANSWERS

Hi students! We are almost there! Just the last effort! As I promised, I post here the answer key for the vocabulary activities. Check your answers and if you have any doubt, please let me know! 

UNIT 8 - Student's Book 

PAGE  92
- Exercise 1: 
1. rough   2. astounding   3. figure  4. put up   5. conduct   6. brain

- Exercise 2:
1. signals  2. tend to  3. behave  4. likely  5. choice  6. ensure  7. It's a pity

- Exercise 3 (possible answers):
1. Teacher's meetings at school take place every Wednesday.
2. The staff of a hospital includes nurses and doctors.
3. An example of worldwide clothing chain is Zara.
4. People are often tempted to buy clothes. 

- Exercise 4:
sorry about / for
proud of
similar in / to
good at / of / with  / to
worried about
pleased with / about / to / for
late for
interested in

- Exercise 5:
1. sorry for    2. pleased with   3. interested in   4. good at   5. similar to   6. worried about   7. late for
8. proud of

PAGE 93
- Exercise 1:
1. b   2. b  3. a   4.a   5. a   6. b

- Exercise 2:
1. liar   2. frank  3. blame   4. deceived   5. shoplifting   6. got into trouble

- Exercise 3 (possible answers):
1. We have caught the thief trying to steal my mum's car. 
2. The suspect said he was not guilty of the crime. 
3. The criminal admitted that he had killed the girl. 
4. I cannot understand why you suspected me, you know I've never stolen anything.
5. Plagiarising other people's work is a crine in the UK.
6. Criminals hardly ever get away with their crime. Sooner or later, they are caught by the police.

- Exercise 4:
1. catch someone red- handed : see someone doing something wrong
2- A rip - off : a price that is too high
3. have sticky fingers: a habit of stealing

- Exercise 5:
1. thief   2. blame   3. get into trouble  4. admit   5. get away with  6. stole  7. change my ways

- Exercise 6 (possible answers):
1. I can always trust my parents, who never let  me down.
2. When I'm under pressure, I tend to make mistakes.
3. One thing I'm proud of is that I always help my friends.
4. If I saw a friend shoplifting, I'd tell him not to do it.
5. I once got into trouble when I deceived my best friend.
6. I think it's a pity that some students aren't generous.




HAPPY HALLOWEEN